PRESS RELEASE: MEMORANDUM OF UNDERSTANDING SIGNING CEREMONY BETWEEN SINGAPORE BUSINESS GROUP AND STOXPLUS
On May 25, 2017, in Ho Chi Minh City, Singapore Business Group – Ho Chi Minh City Chapter (“SBG”) and StoxPlus Corporation have signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) in providing comprehensive and updated macroeconomic data as well as industry reports from StoxPlus to SBG.
The ultimate goal of the collaboration is to increase the transparency of market information, promote understanding about Vietnam market and encourage trade connection opportunities between Singaporean companies and future investors.
Attending the signing ceremony, there were Mr. Norman Lim, President, and Enterprise Sub-committee members from SBG, Ms. Nguyen Quynh Lan, Managing Director from Business Information Services of StoxPlus, and also other representatives from SBG and StoxPlus.
StoxPlus and SBG have signed an MoU to collaborate on many areas in order to enhance local Vietnamese business and industry information among Singaporean firms, including:
- Contributing sector previews covering more than 10 key sectors of Vietnam, to be distributed and accessed for free to SBG members via SBG website. Each industry preview summarizes key characteristics of the local market, including market size, market share of key players, value chain analysis, and regulatory framework. The document is useful for Singaporean companies who want to have a quick overview of Vietnam market from the most local and insightful perspective;
- Contributing most-updated macroeconomic dataset supporting the understanding of Vietnam macro environment. The data is sourced from Fiinpro Platform of StoxPlus, reliable data source being used by all financial investors, securities firms, investment funds, and Government agency of Vietnam. SBG will upload the data for members only to access via its website;
- Providing special discount of 20% on all StoxPlus’ industry and company reports to SBG members;
- Free entrance to StoxPlus events for SBG members;
- Co-hosting a seminar to update industry information of key sectors in Vietnam for SBG members in 2017.
Speaking at the MoU ceremony, Mr. Norman Lim, President of Singapore Business Group, Ho Chi Minh City, highlighted the importance of local data and information to Singaporean investors. In particular, he believed having access to Vietnam macro information, industry and corporate data provided by StoxPlus will tremendously support Singaporean firms to better understand the market, reduce time of finding appropriate business partners, and increase trade and investment activities here.
Ms. Nguyen Quynh Lan, Managing Director Business Information Services StoxPlus, thanked the SBG for this collaboration and was proudly to represent StoxPlus to commit to improving the information transparency of Vietnam market, Vietnam public and private companies as well as enhance trade and investment activities for foreign investors, especially Singaporean ones.
About StoxPlus Corporation:
StoxPlus, an associate company of Nikkei Inc. and QUICK Corp., is proud of being a leading financial and business information corporation in Vietnam. We operate with two main lines of business including (i) financial information services named as Fiinform with FiinPro Platform as a main product and related services including datafeeds and financial websites (www.fiinpro.com) ; (ii) business information services named as Biinform with company and industry reports, customizable research and market entry advisory (www.biinform.com).
About Singapore Business Group (“SBG”):
The Singapore Business Group HCM City Chapter (SBG HCMC) is a nonprofit organization established on 9 August 1992 by a small group of Singaporean doing business or working in Vietnam. Since then, it has evolved from a social club with a membership of 30 individuals into a premier business group with membership strength of almost 300 members and is growing. The mission of SBG is to actively foster business relations with other business communities whilst promoting social, cultural, recreational, educational and charitable activities.